Friday, December 4, 2009

An Overflow

Romans 2:7-8
"He will give eternal life to those who keep on doing good, seeking after the glory and honor and immortality that God offers. But he will pour out his anger and wrath on those who live for themselves, who refuse to obey the truth and instead live lives of wickedness."

When I was younger, I had these distant thoughts in the back of my head.
I want to help people. What am I doing with my life? I should be doing something, right? There are people who need help. I am able, I could help them. I want to do something.

I didn't. I didn't have time, I didn't know the right people, I didn't know how to fit it into my life.

At the time, I wasn't looking at things with an eternal view. I never understood how really, so I just focused on earth. I needed to get my career going. God would use me as soon as my acting career was off the ground. I never understood, personally, why I was in acting, but God gave me gifts and I had to use them... the reasons why, well...they would probably follow eventually.

I had no fruit because I was earthly minded.

Now. A transformation. A God-thing, not a me-thing. Today, acting is secondary. A career is secondary. I'm not throwing all caution to the wind (I am still preparing for a modest career), but the more I am in community with the Lord, the more works just pour out of me... because I want to. I just want to show the love of Christ to people in any way possible, so I look for opportunities and I act on them (when given the grace of the Lord).

Again, it's not me. It's God.

I am thankful for this newness of being, and clarity of scripture. I certainly hope this trend will continue on into all aspects of my life (ahem... um, see previous post...).

1 comment:

  1. I feel inspired to do a written entry just because of the beautiful entries you've written like this one.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment -- and remember to be nice!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...