Monday, March 22, 2010

A Leap of Faith

God tends to put me in situations that don't make sense.

For instance, I left a steady corporate job for a barista position. I make 1/3 of the salary I used to make. Oh, but did I mention that I quit the job even before having another job lined up? Yeah. It doesn't make much logical, human sense, does it? My rational self was rising up against the decision, and yet God brought me to the place where I just had to obey. And trust. And leap. I had to take that leap of faith.

And he took care of us.

I am faced today with another decision similar to the one above. I don't want to go into details, though most of you probably know them. Doubt invades the spaces where faith should be filling in. My human sensibilities are crowding what I really believe God is calling me to do.

Two verses are coming into mind:

Matthew 6:25-26
"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?"

1 Corinthians 1:20
"Where is the wise man? Where is the scholar? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?"

Please pray for me this week with regards to this leap.

2 comments:

  1. I read your email and shall be praying for this situation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your email and shall be praying for this situation.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment -- and remember to be nice!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...