Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A Choice to Remain at Home

I will rest in You today.
I will remember that I am always at home in You.
Today, I choose to remain at home.
I choose to put my trust in You.

Help me.

Update: Today was a very trying day for me, anxiety-wise. I had to leave training at least once today to spend some time receiving from the Lord, and I battled my way through an important meeting and the morning session.

Things God taught me today:
  • He loves me. Fully. The way He made me to be - extra-sensitive, artsy, and all.
  • He wants me to be free of the ways I tell myself He doesn't love me - the ways I haven't loved myself; I'm too self-critical of my body, my studying/attention in meetings, and my issues with anxiety.
  • I need to let things go.
  • And I received a special word from Him tonight when I was lying down, listening to the worship band singing, "Nothing but the Blood of Jesus." He distinctly said, "Rachel. Stop fighting me."
I'm done fighting, Lord. I'm yours, and I will wait for you.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Thank you for this. Even as I plan to go "out" I need to remain at home in Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't really read the text on your layout. . have to highlight the text to see.
    Putting your trust in Him is definitely one of the gratest choices to ever make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vicki,
    Can you be a little more specific? Because the text is coming up very normal on mine and I'm not sure what to do to change it. It appears that I'm not seeing what you're seeing.

    I'm not married to this layout so your input (and everyone's input) is appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vicki,
    Can you be a little more specific? Because the text is coming up very normal on mine and I'm not sure what to do to change it. It appears that I'm not seeing what you're seeing.

    I'm not married to this layout so your input (and everyone's input) is appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. Thank you for this. Even as I plan to go "out" I need to remain at home in Him.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment -- and remember to be nice!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...