Tuesday, April 12, 2011

the knitting together -- the forming of days

Dear Pixie,

I cannot wait to meet you -- to hold you in my arms -- to see this little person that God has given me to care over. You have been so much a part of my life for the last 30 weeks; my entire body and mind and soul has been preparing for you. Every moment, I praise the Lord for you. You are a miracle -- a real person -- forming within me, and even now, God has designed the days of your life. Please know that I am praying for grace -- and will pray daily for grace -- to be gentle with you, to love you through every action, to discipline you with the kindness of the Spirit. You are already so beautiful to me, and you are even more beautiful to the Lord.

With love and great anticipation,
Mommy



"For you formed my inward parts;
you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.
My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret,
intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them."

Psalm 139:13-16
ESV

8 comments:

  1. I love this. :) You're going to be such a good Mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I nicknamed my niece "The Pixie" two months ago and thought it was cute that you wrote to Pixie even though it is your daughter. I think we're friends, don't you?? haha. you are a great mom already!!! This was a sweet little note you wrote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, I've been calling her Pixie since the ultrasound at 19 weeks. Her nose is so cute and points up slightly and reminds me of a pixie. I will probably call her Pixie when she's out too. I can't wait to meet her!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My question is... do you have a stuffed llama for her yet???

    ReplyDelete
  5. ^_^ I can't wait to meet her either! Lol she already has so many nicknames... Baby Dragon, Little Bit, Pixie... I just know she will be (and IS) an awesome, beautiful, smart, wonderful, LOVED child of God. <3 I love you both so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ^_^ I can't wait to meet her either! Lol she already has so many nicknames... Baby Dragon, Little Bit, Pixie... I just know she will be (and IS) an awesome, beautiful, smart, wonderful, LOVED child of God. <3 I love you both so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, I've been calling her Pixie since the ultrasound at 19 weeks. Her nose is so cute and points up slightly and reminds me of a pixie. I will probably call her Pixie when she's out too. I can't wait to meet her!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this. :) You're going to be such a good Mommy!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment -- and remember to be nice!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...