Saturday, October 1, 2011

God's fingerprints are all over this one, folks

My husband told me I should post this excerpt from a previous post, and so in light of today's move, I thought I would.  Here's what I wrote on September 8th in my post entitled the truth of it is I'm scared:

"Because to be honest, I dream of having a home.  I know that may come as a surprise...but it's true.  Deep down, I pray for a home to call our own.  A place to settle down in, for years to come."

At the time of writing the above, I thought we'd be living in intentional community for at least the next year, if not more.  But God knew -- even as I prayed while writing the above post -- what was to come.  I can almost picturing Him smiling down at me, saying, "Oh, Rachel.  Just you wait."



And the thing of this whole situation is that God's fingerprints are all over this one.  You can't get away from it.  Yet again, in His God-like fashion, He has done something in our lives that is so incredibly radical and unheard of, that everyone in my life cannot help but ask, "What is going on in her life?"

A quick review of The Great House Event of 2011:  once Elliott and I found out we would be here for another year in ministry, we started praying the unthinkable: a two-bedroom home, with laundry (for all those cloth diapers), and near to our church (which is in what could be one of the wealthiest areas in the country) for the low price of $*** (not important, but let's say it's about half of what the going rate of said apartment would be in this area).  Secretly, I also prayed for some trees.  Maybe a little space to have a garden.  Hardwood floors.  But I didn't ask others to pray for those things.  The original prayer seemed like a high-enough order, don't you think?

Well, the prayer wasn't answered on our time frame, which caused us to move from one community to another (and there have been many benefits reaped from the experience), but it was still answered.  Like, um... exactly answered.  Like, there's no other way around it.  You cannot explain this miracle away by sheer luck because the house we have for the price we are paying does not exist in this area.

In short:  it's a God thing, through and through.

And why, many in my life ask, do these types of things consistently happen to me?

Here's what I think:  early on in our relationship, all Elliott and I asked of the Lord was that He would use our relationship to glorify Him.

And He is.  Big time.

That's why.

Anyhoo.  I'll see you on the flip side, once we get internet into our own home.

(Thank you, Lord.)

oh, and please subscribe/follow this blog.  subscriptions are to the left and following is on the tippy top to the left.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment -- and remember to be nice!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...