Monday, January 9, 2012

Waste Not: Homemade Laundry Detergent

Since I recently ran out of laundry detergent, I decided to give one recipe a try.  It's pretty easy, although a tad bit time-consuming.  After you read through this recipe, maybe you could share your own recipe in the comments section.  I'm almost finished with this first batch, so I'd be willing to try something else.

Homemade Laundry Detergent


1/2 C Washing Soda
1/2 C Borax
1 C Grated Unscented Soap


Grating the soap and running it through the food processor obviously took the most time.  It's not that much time, but I could see how it would deter some people from trying this out (and someday I may not have time to do it this way).



Measure out and combine all ingredients.  


Use 1-2 tablespoons depending on the load.

Overall, I have been very pleased with the mixture.  Our clothes are clean and fresh and I have absolutely no complaints.  I will continue to use homemade laundry detergent for the foreseeable future.

Rating:

4.5 out of 5 stars
(0.5 off for time)

Please share:  what do you use for laundry detergent?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment -- and remember to be nice!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...