Wednesday, January 11, 2012

what i wore wednesday: woodland tales and prairie girl

Hi friends!

Wow! - what a response I got from the first WIWW post!  And what fun!  I loved meeting new people and visiting their fashion posts.  I hope to look at even more this week.  If you're stopping by from The Pleated Poppy (who hosts WIWW), please leave a comment to let me know, and I'll be sure to swing by your site.  

This week included many outfit-changes, mainly because the weather couldn't make up its mind.

Outfit 1:  Woodland Tales


Admittedly, this is a "go-to" outfit for me when I want something fun to wear but don't want to think about it.  It's a collage of sorts, gathering clothing pieces from all sorts of stores and from all walks of my life.  The stockings, for instance, came from a department store in Oxford when I studied at the University my senior year of college.


Bird Shirt: Cabi, Jacket: Anthropologie, Tree Dress: Urban Outfitters, 
Stockings: Department Store in Oxford, Fuzzy Boots: Steve Madden


Here's a close-up of the shirt.  I love pairing the shirt with the dress because it makes it seem like the birds are dancing in the treetops.

Outfit 2:  Hodgepodge Thrift


Hat: thrifted, Shirt: Odille (probably from Anthro)

Sadly, I didn't get a chance to snag a full-body shot of this outfit (it was a busy day).  I put the outfit on before heading over to the thrift store with my family.  Before I left, I thought, "This outfit needs a hat, but I'm not sure what kind of hat it needs."  Then I found the hat at the thrift store!  Don't you just love those moments?


Here's a close-up of the shirt.  The detail is amazing.  The pattern includes all sorts of little creatures -- lambs, lions, foxes, and rabbits.  I love it so much!


Jean Skirt: Department Store in Oxford, Navy-Blue Stockings: H&M, Boots: Frye

And here's the bottom half of the outfit.  I'm glad nifty stockings are coming back in style.  I've been donning eclectic stockings in the winter for years now, so I'm finally back "in style" instead of just being odd and eclectic in my own fashion world.

Outfit 3:  Little House on the Prairie


Dress: Gunne Sax, Vintage'

This is what I wore to church on Sunday.  It's one of my favorite outfits, snagged from my mom's closet. I know it's not for everyone, but it really fits my personality.  I would live in dresses like this every day of the week if I had them.


Oxford Heels:  Payless (circa 1999)

My friend, Victoria, took this picture a month ago, but I wanted to put it up so you could see the whole dress.

Outfit 4: Vintage Gwendolyn


Gwendolyn wore this vintage baby dress since the weather was permitting.  She looks so happy to be a part of WIWW!  (The vintage dress was a gift from Victoria, actually!)

Outfit 5: The Cozy Non-Outfit

By the end of the week, I totally needed to veg out in ye ol' trusty sweatshirt...


...because at some point, we all need to cuddle in a hoodie. 


What did you wear this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment -- and remember to be nice!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...