Monday, February 27, 2012

an update on reading the Bible

To jog your memory:  I'm currently reading through the Bible in 90 days.  This is part of the reason I haven't been updating as frequently, as much of my free time is spent reading the Bible.

Anyways, here are some cursory thoughts:

  • It is hard to soak in the Word by cruising through it at 12 pages a day.  I think this is probably the only time I will do this challenge.
  • I used to think getting through Leviticus was hard.  And then I got to Chronicles.
  • Right when I think I'm not getting anything in my brain, suddenly I will make a connection between Genesis and Judges (or some other two books) without a second thought.  I think that's pretty cool.
  • I was really on top of things for the first few weeks, but last week I got into a bad habit of ... not reading.  The vertigo certainly didn't help.  So every day, I've been playing catch up.  Some days, it can be very stressful, and I don't like that reading the Bible has become a source of stress for me.
  • I cannot wait to get to the Psalms.  I used to read the Psalms every day.  I soak in the Psalms.  I love its honesty.
  • I am still stuck in Chronicles.  
Just curious:
  • What's the hardest book of the Bible for you to get through, and why?
  • Have you ever had to carve out time to spend reading the Word/praying?  What did you have to cut out to do it?  Were you able to make it last?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment -- and remember to be nice!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...