Monday, September 17, 2012

gifts, and their often (or not) usage

 "We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith;  if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach;  if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully."

Romans 12:6-8, NIV 

I was reading this passage today and realized that I do most certainly know two of my gifts: intercessory prayer and encouragement.  From experience, from others' feedback, and from inside myself, I know these are the things that -- at least in this season -- God has gifted me with.  

One translation I was reading alongside the NIV said, "If it is encouragement, then do it often."  So it got me thinking - how often am I exercising these gifts?  How often am I encouraging -- in fact, maybe going out of my way to encourage someone?  How often am I spending an extra ten minutes just in intercession for other people?

My answer?  Probably not often enough.  

I want to change that answer.

  • What are your gifts?
  • How often are you using them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment -- and remember to be nice!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...