Tuesday, October 30, 2012

hurricane sandy: the aftermath

If I didn't have access to Facebook today, I'd probably be wallowing in self-pity.

I do not do well with a change of plans.  Inconveniences really stress me out.

The short of it: we don't have power.  But we're okay.
The other side of the story: my cousin lost her house.  My friend had a tree hit her home.  They are okay physically, but I'd say they're having a lot rougher of a day than I am.

Honestly, my heart is breaking for my cousin, and all those who have suffered serious consequences of this storm.  And I'm at a loss as to what to say.  I can only pray.  But I almost don't even know how.  I just sort of mourn-pray, if that makes sense.  And I hope that the Holy Spirit will do the intercession for me, because my soul just can't muster up the words.

And I can't believe that earlier today, I was asking, "Why us??" to Elliott, when all we're dealing with is lost power, and my cousin actually doesn't have a place to live or clothes to wear, other than the ones on her back.

I am ashamed by my self-pity.
And I am heartbroken for my cousin.

Please pray.  I don't know how or in what way, just say the prayer that's on your heart for my cousin, and all those who have experienced tragedy during the storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment -- and remember to be nice!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...