Monday, November 12, 2012

you are delightful

"The Lord rescued me because he delighted in me."
Psalm 18:19

This is what I just can't get over -- what blows my mind -- is that the Lord delights in meDelights.  That's just wild.

I think of how much I delight in my daughter just because I do -- just because she is who she is and who she is just completely delights me.  I am head-over-heels in-delight with my daughter.  I could spend hours thinking about her, talking about her, looking at pictures of her, and being with her.  When she's asleep in her bed, I just think about her some more.  And all of this -- it delights me.


If I delight so much in my little girl -- me, a flawed person - an imperfect mom stumbling her way through parenthood -- how much more does the Lord delight in us?  I can't even fathom it.

 “Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake?  If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!"
Matthew 7:9-11

I don't ever want to forget the times when God has given me good gifts in such a way that I recognize His delight in me -- because honestly, it makes me blush.  Our home.  Our family.  Our jobs.  Our always-able-to-somehow-make-ends-meet.  Our growth in marriage.  Our growth in relationship to Him.  He delights in me -- He delights in us -- just as and even more than I delight in my daughter.

  • When was a time that God showed you very tangibly how much He delights in you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment -- and remember to be nice!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...