Tuesday, February 26, 2013

bookending my pregnancy with the stomach flu

No, internet world and blogging friends: I have not yet had the baby.
This is a good thing.

You see, I was sitting in church on Sunday morning asking the Lord for the baby to come that day.  There was no rush really, other than I was and am completely uncomfortable and would like to be on the road to recovery and discovering a new-normal with two little girls.  But I just have to say: sometimes, I am so glad that God does not answer my prayers the way I want Him to.

Monday morning, we all woke up feeling sick.  I mean: really, really sick.

In fact, as I attempted to roll myself out of bed to attend to Gwen's beckoning cries, I realized: OH. NO.  I remember this feeling all-too-well.

At the end of my first trimester, the three of us came down with almost exactly the same bug.

I have nothing profound to say or write.  We are still in recovery mode (although Gwendolyn somehow is recovering a LOT faster than we are -- where do little kids get SO MUCH energy?), and so I'll just leave it at this: I am thankful "Birdie" did not decide to arrive yet, and I would appreciate having a few more days to recover and regain my strength before labor.

I am also extremely thankful for my church family, and that I have people I can call up and ask for supplies (read: Gatorade, saltines, apple juice, white rice, soup).  We absolutely needed these things to help us along but there was no way for us to get out.  Ohhh I am so thankful!

But I am also so tired.  So I'm going back to bed.

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment -- and remember to be nice!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...