Monday, June 10, 2013

the only words I know

I am
emotionally spent
for various reasons.

By the time there's a moment of silence, of stillness,
I have nothing left to give.
No words.
No energy.

I sit curled up on the couch, cradling tears in cupped hands, and all I can offer are words I've heard before...

O Lord, You are Good
O Lord, You are Kind
O Lord, You are Merciful
O Lord, You are Sovereign
O Lord, You are Savior

I cling to these words and repeat them over and over again until I am no longer drowning in myself and my own thoughts.  When I focus on the truth of who God is, I can let go a little bit of the present hurt.  I can be taken out of myself for a time.  I can refocus and remember what is Real and what is False.

O Lord, You are Good
O Lord, You are Kind
O Lord, You are Merciful
O Lord, You are Sovereign
O Lord, You are Savior

These are the statements I pray.  
These are the only words I know.  
These are the only things I have to offer.


follow even one sparrow with bloglovin, with your reader-of-choice, or subscribe by e-mail

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment -- and remember to be nice!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...