Monday, July 8, 2013

Confessions of a Christian Actor

"Why don't you do Christian theatre?"

It was a common-enough question, and yet it always took all my effort not to cringe as I made the involuntary eye-roll look more like a far-off, thoughtful look.  I never had a good answer.  What I wanted to say was, "Because I don't like Christian theatre.  It's all fuzzballs and sugary syrup."  What I said instead was, "Yeah.  I should probably look into that."  Or when I couldn't choke that lie out of my mouth, I just nodded.  Sure.  Why not.  You evangelicals think what you want to think.


follow even one sparrow with bloglovin, with your reader-of-choice, or subscribe by e-mail

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment -- and remember to be nice!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...